Re: Taskbar replacement

Because the mockup/screenshot took a minute or two to come up, here's
a mirror: http://i.imgur.com/MPqe2.png

Most people who are asking for a "taskbar" are really asking for an
easier way to switch windows. Speaking on my own, I really, really
like this idea, with a few caveats:

1) I don't like the way you trigger it: it will probably frustratng
that touching the top of the screen by accident is a bit 'destructive'
in terms of workflow, but that can be fixed.
2) It's a bad idea that all the window close buttons are lined up like
that, so we should probably hide the close button on all windows but
the current one.
3) What happens with skinny windows? Will they just have a really,
really big title bar? What about windows that have a specified max
size?

Having the "title bar" be a lookalike would probably be better: when
you trigger it, a window list of lookalike window decorations, without
close buttons, slides down, 'pushing' the current window down, and
selecting a window fades the real window you selected in.