Re: Shelling Epiphany

> >  That said, I'm of the opinion
> > that tabs don't make a huge amount of sense in the context of the shell.
> >

> I am of the opinion that'd require adding some kind of windows
> grouping/tabbing ala fluxbox. Is it something you guys and girls
> consider as fitting in g-s ?
> I'd love to work on such thing technically-wise. Maybe a shell extension
> with some modification in mutter (for the tabbing decorations) would be
> "enough" ?
> G-s already kinda groups the modal window with their parents so the
> logic is mostly here, right ?

Hum, thinking a bit more about this an application-relative overview
might be even better and complimentary to the 'Alt-`' switcher.

On a more general aspect, and a domain I have no clue about, so take it
as an uneducated  guess, could't the Alt-tab switcher be the Overview
instead of the custom overlay ?
I mean that when Alt-tabbing, the user is shown the overview with
selection hints around both the currently selected window thumbnail and
the application icon in the Dash ?
Would that be nightmare UI-wise ?
Post-3.0 of course.