Re: mutter tiling

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 7:36 AM, Jeffery Olson <olson jeffery gmail com> wrote:

Also: have you even given _javascript_ a chance? Please don't let it's
history in the browser bias you against it; it's a marvelous language
with a lot of really interesting features that makes nice, expressive
code possible. I think the gnome-shell team made a *great* choice when
they chose _javascript_ for the scripting environment and scriptmonkey
is a good engine with a great performance for our needs (with a clean,
C-based API.. putting aside the hype around v8, for now). The work the
team has done around the introspection-based bindings is excellent.

I got a pretty decent book called "JavasScript: the Good Parts" which I recommend.  It pretty much tells you what sucks and what doesn't and how to write proper _javascript_ and avoiding parts of the language that will get you in trouble.

sri