Re: No minimise/maximise (again)

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 09:46 -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Florian Müllner <fmuellner gnome org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 14:00 +0000, kaddy080 gmail com wrote:
> >> 2) Don't you guys surf the net for porn!!!!???? C'monnnn. Do you know
> >> how hard it is now to hide a webpage quickly when somebody walks into
> >> the room!!!!???? Don't deny it. You guys watch porn too ;)
> >> now you ruined everything. haha :)
> >
> > Uhm - so basically you post to a public mailing list that you'd like to
> > keep your porn-browsing habits private?
>
> Well at least he or she didn't describe the type of porn.
>
> Sounds like a good case for a porn workspace.  When someone walks up
> behind you at work, zip it up and switch workspaces.  Another option
> is to use the keyboard shortcuts if that's where your hands are
> (doubtful).  You may even want to configure a special keybinding if
> getting caught in the act is a common part of your workflow.
> Otherwise you can use the overview to switch away.   Your porn-space
> is mostly hidden off the right side of the screen in the overview.
>
> But let's try to use work-safe examples here in the future please.

Can't resist continuing this one. As we're talking about hiding porn
'webpages' we are apparently in a web browser. If you're trying to keep
your porn browsing private you probably want to be doing it in Private
Browsing Mode, which - in Firefox, anyway - has a keyboard shortcut:
shift-ctrl-P. It's even, very conveniently, a shortcut you can manage
with one hand, if you use the right-hand side ctrl and shift keys. That
makes it nice and easy to get rid of your porn session with no
minimizing required - just whack the keyboard shortcut to quit private
browsing mode and you're right back in your convincingly work-related
browser session.

I'M JUST SAYIN, IS ALL

(of course, if you're on a work network, you can rely on the fact that
your friendly office BOFH has your outgoing HTTP requests logged. Please
refer to said BOFH for the fee schedule for keeping said logs
private...)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey