Re: Suggestion: Move the workspace tiles to the left side and apps to the right

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Onyeibo Oku <twohotis gmail com> wrote:
+1
I made this same suggestion months ago ... but good luck and push on.  Maybe you'll be better favoured.

It's too late to make any visual changes in the shell in this go around.  The UI freeze date has already passed so we can't really visually change anything at this point.

Secondly, no UI changes has ever happened from the mailing list.  Open up a bug, and then post your mockups there.  Bring your mockups to the design mailing list as well.  More importantly, read the design document and see if your mockups fit into their design philosophy.  These things are an iterative process and requires patience, and being receptive to critiques.

So if you want to target for 3.2 then I would start after the release.  Right now it is crunch time and gnome-shell guys are working on getting the show stopper bugs fixed, improving stability and speed.

sri