Installing on Ubuntu Natty (from PPA)

Hi,

I recently was curious to check on the state of GNOME3 in Ubuntu Natty,
using the gnome3 team ppa [1] specifically.

It basically works (as of an up to date Ubuntu Natty install 3/3/2011.
There are some caveats

* gnome-shell is missing a dependency on gnome-themes-standard (install
it yourself)
* the gnome-shell script is broken. I replaced it with

#!/bin/sh
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/xulrunner-2.0b12/ mutter --replace
--mutter-plugins=libgnome-shell

(which is almost equivalent with the git HEAD launcher anyway)

* the-board is missing deps on gir1.2-mx and gir1.2-clutter-g{st,tk}
* the shell uses the old bluetooth and network notification area stuff
(not the shell ones)
* gdm is not themed

Hope this is useful,

John