Re: Shell not running: having a GLib-GIO-ERROR

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Alessandro Crismani
<alessandro crismani gmail com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm having problems running Gnome-Shell after building it from git today
> (JHBuild). JHBuild runs almost fine, except from Clutter, which I can't
> clone or pull (the server gives a connection refused). I used the 1.5.14
> tarball from the Clutter site, don't know if that's the problem. The
> errors I'm having are:
>
> alessandro@alessandro-lappy:~$ gnome-shell/install/bin/gnome-shell
> --replace

You are building with jhbuild, so you should run the shell with
jhbuild run gnome-shell, or, equivalently, run jhbuild shell, which
will give you a jhbuild shell and then run gnome-shell.

Greets

José