Re: Some suggestions

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 05:49 +0000, Peter Slavek wrote:
> - You should be bold and re-name 'suspend' to 'sleep'. I have always
> been confused by 'suspend', 'sleep', and 'hibernate', only to find out
> recently that suspend and sleep are the same thing. Surely 'sleep' and
> 'hibernate' go so much better together, and they are both quite
> descriptive words. We all know what sleep and hibernation are, and the
> difference between them. New users of Gnome Shell and Linux would be
> far less likely to know what 'suspend' means and the difference
> between 'suspend' and 'hibernate'.

I'd add - remove hibernation from shut down. While restart/shut down
place nicely I had a while when I figured out in gnome-shell that I need
to enter "Shut down" to do suspend-to-disk aka hibernation.

On the other hand I believe in British (en_UK) Windows 7 it is named as
suspend but I'm not sure.

Regards