Re: Some suggestions

On 01/26/2011 06:49 AM, Peter Slavek wrote:

- The text on the top panel in some screen-shots (*) also seems as if
it's shouting; the weight of the typeface is far too heavy for my
liking. I think it would look more elegant at somewhere just slightly
heavier than usual.
(*http://seilo.geekyogre.com/uploads/2010/12/Screenshot1.png)

Rebuilt Gnome-Shell today and I'm glad to see Cantarell on the Top Menu. The font size is just right for my 1440 x 900 display. I also don't have a problem with the clock being centred.

Looking at the screenshot you took, you have an additional menu item (Desktop) in 'activities' mode. I don't see that in mine and I just built this. Is there something I'm missing? That functionality is so essential to Gnome-shell. I also noticed that you have monochrome icons on the top panel whereas mine has colours with different odd sizes. I must be missing something (or my icon-theme may not be compliant ... I use Buuf). Which one is that?

I don't feel too good about the animation that plays at the top left (for applications that are starting). The icon for that is huge. I think we should revisit that animation and think out a better option.

So far so good. Actually, I don't do the old desktop managers any more. Gnome-shell is the destination for me right now.