Re: Chatting on Gnome-shell

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 18:39 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> >     My Suggestion ... see:
> >     http://picturepush.com/public/4899601
> >     1. I think coloured and/or bold text will do it better
> >     2. Feature requests:  Add the fading to the top of the text scroll
> >     as the text leaves the chat dialogue. Make the Icon more prominent,
> >     indent text to the right if necessary, to allow an enhanced icon.
> >       If it sticks out, COOOOOL!.

A quick hack to remove the gradient and add some color would be to edit
two classes in gnome-shell.css to this (or something similar):

.chat-received {
    color: #412bad;
    padding-left: 4px;
    border-radius: 4px;
}

.chat-sent {
    color: #dedede;
    padding-left: 4px;
    border-radius: 4px;
}

Then hit Alt-F2 and type rt to reload the theme.

Regards.
--
Mads Villadsen <maxx krakoa dk>