Re: Start a gnome-shell-extensions repository / module

Il giorno mer, 12/01/2011 alle 17.05 +0100, Johannes Schmid ha scritto:
> Hi!

[...]

> > There are various reasons for distributions to ship
> > gnome-shell-extensions (maybe not now, because we don't actually have
> > many), even if addons.gnome.org becomes a reality.
> > (And don't forget that instead of addons.gnome.org it may be
> > addons.fedoraproject.org / addons.ubuntu.com / addons.debian.org, so
> > distribution packages would make sense even in that case)
>
> Yes, they shouldn't *now* and that's why I think it would be bad to make
> the impression that they should. I don't think they should for 3.0 and
> we can still discuss about "useful" extensions for 3.2.
>
> I am not against creating the repository when somebody cares about it
> but please don't make releases until the extension system is in a state
> that distributions can use. I don't think we are in a hurry now...

The repository is set up now, at
git://git.gnome.org/gnome-shell-extensions
I will soon add proper extensions, as I collect them from the mailing
list archives.

I added Autoconf/Automake, so that you can just "./configure
--enable-extensions="which you want" --prefix=$HOME/.local && make
install" instead of copying files manually.

Giovanni