Re: How to hibernate?

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Stefano Facchini <stefano facchini gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

how can I hibernate (aka suspend-to-disk) my laptop? Closing the lid just causes the system to suspend-to-ram (which is the behavior I want), while the power button only offers the possibility to turn off the computer, so where is hibernation (letting aside typing something in the terminal)? Or maybe I am missing something in building gnome-shell..

Mine gives me the option to hibernate if I hit the option to "Shutdown.." and then there is a hibernate switch.  The general behavior is that the system suspends to ram and then over a period of time if the battery gets low it goes into hibernate.  That's what happens to me anyways.

sri