Re: missing workflows with gnome-shell

Hi Alessandro,

Are you sure? I'm using it with an up to date Shell build, and if I open
an app that has to go on the fourth workspace *from the terminal*, that
workspace is created and the app moved there.
Yes I am : if the extension has to create a workspace, gnome-shell crashes (I attached the terminal output in err.txt)

Am I missing something or are you checking out the workspace-thumbnails
branch? Could you please tell me what is not working in your setup, mine
seems perfectly functional :)
I'm building with the jhbuild script, so I guess, that's the regular branch. (version  GNOME Shell 2.91.5). Maybe You modified some little bit in the extension which makes it work ? Can you post the js file, so that I can try it (You'll have to change the extension, as js files are refused by the mailing list)

Beside, are you planning to ditch Gconf in the extension? I would like
to store settings through Gsettings, I have also planned to add more
features, like window class matching and geometry setting, but I never
had the time to do it.
I'm not that much of a planner, but if gsettings enables to use a nice gui for the settings, why not ?
But I couldn't find much about how it works : gsettings stores info somewhere, but are these settings accessible  through "System settings" ? I guess that once we master the settings management, we'll be able to start playing with the class/name/application, and being able to chose among these.

Cheers,
Thomas

 Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module": libpk-gtk-module.so: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
Avertissement du gestionnaire de fenêtres : Log level 16: Accessibility: org.a11y.atspi schema not found. Are you sure that at-spi or at-spi2 is installed on your system?
Avertissement du gestionnaire de fenêtres : Log level 16: Accessibility: invalid module path (NULL)
Avertissement du gestionnaire de fenêtres : Log level 16: Accessibility: error loading the atk-bridge. Although the accessibility on the system is enabled and clutter accessibility is also enabled, accessibility support on GNOME Shell will not work
      JS LOG: GNOME Shell started at Mon Feb 07 2011 10:03:27 GMT+0100 (CET)

(mutter:8491): GdmUser-WARNING **: Unable to load CK history: no seat-id found
    JS ERROR: !!!   Exception was: TypeError: this.workspacesView is null
    JS ERROR: !!!     lineNumber = '1117'
    JS ERROR: !!!     fileName = '/home/tbouffon/gnome-shell/install/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/workspacesView.js'
    JS ERROR: !!!     stack = '([object _private_Meta_Screen],[object _private_GLib_ParamSpec])@/home/tbouffon/gnome-shell/install/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/workspacesView.js:1117
([object _private_Meta_Screen],[object _private_GLib_ParamSpec])@/home/tbouffon/gnome-shell/install/share/gjs-1.0/lang.js:110
@:0
FindAndMove([object _private_Meta_Display],[object _private_Meta_Window])@/home/tbouffon/gnome-shell/install/share/gnome-shell/extensions/workspace_win gnome-shell-extensions gnome org/extension.js:29
'
    JS ERROR: !!!     message = 'this.workspacesView is null'
    JS ERROR: !!!   Exception was: TypeError: this.workspacesView is null
    JS ERROR: !!!     lineNumber = '1117'
    JS ERROR: !!!     fileName = '/home/tbouffon/gnome-shell/install/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/workspacesView.js'
    JS ERROR: !!!     stack = '([object _private_Meta_Screen],[object _private_GLib_ParamSpec])@/home/tbouffon/gnome-shell/install/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/workspacesView.js:1117
([object _private_Meta_Screen],[object _private_GLib_ParamSpec])@/home/tbouffon/gnome-shell/install/share/gjs-1.0/lang.js:110
@:0
FindAndMove([object _private_Meta_Display],[object _private_Meta_Window])@/home/tbouffon/gnome-shell/install/share/gnome-shell/extensions/workspace_win gnome-shell-extensions gnome org/extension.js:29
'
    JS ERROR: !!!     message = 'this.workspacesView is null'

St-ERROR **: st_widget_get_theme_node called on a widget not in a stage
aborting...
Shell killed with signal 5