Proposal for Workspace Labeling / Tagging

Hello everyone,

I've been a longtime user of GNOME shell ever since its beta stages. I've found the design and workflow natural and easy to use in all but one aspect - working with multiple workspaces. Due of the small size of the workspaces in the stack, and the lack of visuals in the keyboard-based workspace switcher, the user inevitably loses time when switching between workspaces. This lost time is spent inspecting each workspace for a distinguishing visual cue to determine if they've found the workspace they wanted to switch to.

To solve these issues, I have written a proposal for manually labeled workspaces:
http://nanley.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/improving-gnome-shell-workspaces/

As well as a proposal for automatically labeled (tagged) workspaces:
http://nanley.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/labeled-workspaces-revisited-tags/

I would greatly appreciate your feedback and thoughts on these items!

Cheers,
Nanley Chery