Re: Suspend & Power Off: A compromise

Quoting Giovanni Campagna <scampa giovanni gmail com>:
The advantage of this solution is that the original intention of the
current design would be preserved - application state is never lost -
while making it easy for the user to save power if there is no state to
lose. If he or she doesn't like or want complete shutdown (because of
the boot time on next usage, or because he/she knows there is a
background process running that should be resumed next time) there is
still the option to suspend anyway.
What do you think?
I see your points, and it would surely help the user deciding when to
suspend and when to poweroff. Nevertheless I don't like this proposal
because we would have the same menu item with two different actions,
which is pretty confusing, expecially if the cause of the different
result is not immediately evident.

+1

I have no problems with how it is now - *Suspend* *is* how users use a computer.5