Re: using Gnome-Shell with 90% of all applications is absolute garbage.

> Erm, I have no idea what you mean by this, but I have an ICE1724 in this
> system with GNOME 3 and PA and it works perfectly. Well, it doesn't work
> across a suspend/resume cycle, but then it never has, with or without
> PA.

I know when i tested it with Natty (not all that long ago), it was a no-go.
Obviously that has now been fixed. - I don't use suspend or resume, i
wasn't aware of that.
how about the card itself???  if it does work with suspend and resume,
than that just proves my point.
that is undesirable and i consider that to be broken software.

that all being said, PA is still a waste of time for some users.
Gnome-Shell should have alsa-mixer applet to switch out PA's.
this to me seems quite sensible and logical. nowhere in A.L.S.A, can i
pick out the letters P.A. Therefore, users should be able to control
ALSA directly from Gnome-shell's panel - if that is what they desire,
especially if P.A causes the device to be less usable, like the
circumstances described above.

jordan