Re: using Gnome-Shell with 90% of all applications is absolute garbage.

I can 2nd that......
I am disappointed with Gnome 3.0's current status and what was suppose to be a seamless transition from Gnome2xx (as quoted at beginning of gnome 3 development)
has turned out to be less than impressive.....
Don't get me wrong... I feel also that it was time that Gnome innovates in order to remain revelent in the Gui OpenSource world after we have all watched Kde innovate and improve over the years with a Modern sleek very useable Desktop full of Features and eye candy....... And then Gnome 3.0 comes along after all this development and it doesn't seem ready at all for wide user adoption. I wish it was held back another 6 months to be honest... So far it is buggy, featureless and purposely dumbed down..... It does look Amazing though, I will give it that.... but the user experience in Gnome 3 is less than pleasing.....

In saying that... I know that over the next few months people will start making themes, extensions/addons that will improve the overall Desktop experience..... and hopefully these mutter issues conflicting with 3d acceleration etc will be sorted out soon..... (holds breathe) :)
It may take a Year or Two until gnome 3 sorts itself out I reckon..... until then I'm rather enjoying my kde 4.6 experience :)

kaddy