New Multi Monitor Behavior is Odd

Hello,

Congratulations on the release of GNOME 3.

GNOME Shell behaves odd on my multi monitor setup. When I switch
workspaces the screen on the external
monitor remains the same. I expect the external monitor to share the
same virtual workspace as the primary
monitor. Is this behavior intentional? Or is this a bug? Or did I
screw up my xrandr settings?

I use my external monitor primarily as a reading device. It has a
large screen and thankfully there's no
top bar taking up screen space or distracting. But I also like to have
different apps (chrome, devhelp, pdf books) open
on different workspaces on the external monitor.

If this is not a bug, or a screw up on my path, is this behavior
changeable? If so how can I revert back to the old
behavior which is the standard behavior on other window managers?

Thanks