Re: Re: A task panel

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 11:11 -0400, Tim Ryan wrote:
> I work with a group of IT folks and most of us are using Gnome on
> Ubuntu as out main desktop. None of the others have been following
> gnome-shell development or this list. I did a bit a research among our
> small group, only seven people, to see how IT people use their
> desktop, and gnome in particular. I mainly asked them about the window
> switcher on the panel, and asked how they were using it.

As an aside, a general rule of usability testing is that you shouldn't
ask users how they use something, you should be ask them to perform a
task then observe their actions. You can, however, ask them to verbalise
their thoughts as they perform a task (but you still need to observe
them).

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20010805.html