Re: Fwd: Is the Minimize button still useful with gnome-shell ?

Definitely against this proposal/mockup, as it makes the shell more complicated, while the whole point is to have it optimally simple. Secondly an item contains less information than a window preview. If any interface like this has to be created, I would suggest a minimization closet which acts like a workspace showing all minimized windows (but which opens the window in its original window once you click on it).
 Still I don't think there is any reason to hide windows from the gnome-shell, as I suggested before, removing the minimization button and leaving only a super+h shortcut (which doesn't hide the window from the shell) should be more than enough?
  David Mulder