Re: Why nested alt-tab?

Personally I like the nested alt tab I just think that should be a modal that requires further input. This would allow a user better application navigation and management.

Example of better functionality:

If alt+tab press lasts less than X amount of time, switch to previous app.

If alt+tab lasts longer than X then the menu stays up and tabs go horizontally through the menu and alt's go vertically. Space or enter will choose current app.

Mouse would still be able to navigate through the menu. Hovering over a parent item will show children. Hovering over child will bring an item preview to the center of current destop to  and make alt tab interface semi transparent.

Right click on parent to allow for functions(open new window, etc)

Dragging child from one divider to another would move a window to different virtual desktop.

It quickly could be made into quite a powerful interface.

Please comment.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre