Re: This list, suggestions, frustration

Hey Owen,

I understand what your saying but I think its a little bit near-sighted
IMO. I think this list should be more used by the developers for
feedback about design. Most people cant watch IRC 9-5 5 days a week at
the times you guys work just in case something comes up that they might
be interested in because of day jobs and time constraints. Not
everything can come up on IRC and not everything can be filed as a bug
report.

Is an opinion on a dodgy design decision worthy of a bug report? I know
this mailing list can get a bit crowded at times and developers cant
look at everything but you cant really think that ignoring it is the
best option.

I accept your point about the kind of people who subscribe to mailing
lists but what if it was a user just curious installs Gnome Shell (its
fairly easy I dont know how other distros do it but in Ubuntu/Debian is
simple sudo apt-get install gnome-shell) and this person has an issue so
they ask some to point them to the place to mention it and someone
points them here hoping for an answer to their real world feedback and
they should be ignored just because they found their way here instead of
IRC?

It just seems like you are cutting off the one avenue for some people to
participate their views and try to get involved which isnt really in the
spirit of what Gnome stands for IMO. I know you will still look at the
list and reply if it suits you and you have time but its not good to
discount a valid means of communication.

--fagan