More Apps Redesign

I just built from source and now see the new design for "more apps".
Here is a link to an image of what I see (yes I know I can scroll to see more)
http://www.markecurtis.com/etc/gnomeshell/appwell.png

This is very much a step backwards.  While it does allow for more at a time, it is less efficient in two ways:
No more finding more information via arrow in GNOME Shell or tooltip in 2.X.
Just like in the favorite/active applica..., there is a truncat... probl... in the list of more applica...

Have the info either with a hover or with a right click?
Remove the names of the applications and just go with icons