Gnome-Shell - questions and opinions

hi all,

First I would like to say great work on Gnome/Gnome-shell. I loaded Gnome-Shell on Fedora 14 and messed arround with it for awhile. I also, poked around the NET, and the archives of this list (just joined today).

But I sadly, I agree with those that think the use patterns/work-flows of Gnome-Shell is not right. I really like the "control center" and the lay-out under your user name. but the whole, activities, pop/zoom thing click click click. just does not work. it would force you to create shortcuts on the desktop. just to avoid that mess, the idea of a desktop environment is to help the users with their work-flow. I am not saying Gnome should copy OSX or windows. but, don't go off the deep end different just to be different from them. when flipping around the shell, the constant changing and zooming started to give me a headache.

ok, why not:

make the activities a drop down menu/sidebar with no zooming, or better yet make it optional/move the zoom some where else.

next:

make it possible to add icons/shortcuts to the top menu bar. infact make it easy to do so like add a right click menu item under add to favorites, as add to top menu. (make it movable)

also in the same vain, add a, "add to desktop item"

ok, that's good for now as I explore Gnome Shell I will add more.

-Nex6