Re: Preview: how to see all workspaces?

On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 13:26 -0700, Robert Park wrote:
> Application Grid is nice because it allows larger, more meaningful
> icons.

I was thinking more "what's wrong with text". I know - showing my age
here :-)

But, yeah, as long as each icon has a decent (meaning, not cut in half)
text under it (like it actually does on the iPhone) and there is a
tooltip for when you're still unsure (unlike the iPhone), it should be
OK. I could get used to that. Eventually :-)

I was actually more annoyed with Windows/Applications submenu once I got
into overview. Either there should be two buttons on the panel for each
of those (replacing the abstract Activities) or once in overview, both
of these should be readily accessible.

I get it - it was a bit busy when both apps and windows were managed in
overview at once. But I think having another level is too deep (or slow,
if you wish). So, I'd personally go with two buttons on the panel.
Otherwise, we are back to cascading menus (of sorts) which we have now
(hence: what's wrong with text?).

--
Bojan