Re: Gnome Applets

On 12/09/2010 05:33 AM, Mark Curtis wrote:
Using that logic, when is it 'critically important' to know the date/time (at a glance)?
If you have an appointment it should be in the calendar and notify you when it's relevant.

Sure.. when some guy pokes into my office and says that he wants to meet with me in 10 minutes.  That's not an event I would likely put into my calendar as an appointment since the time is too short.  So I would simply look at the clock.

And not everyone is disciplined enough to put things on an appointment.  I for instance never do that since as a sysadmin the picture changes on what is happening on a day to day basis quite frequently.

Also lastly, we have clocks in the real world sitting on a wall so clearly seeing a clock "at a glance" is an acceptable behavior anywhere.

sri