Re: desktop scrolling

On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 11:47 +0200, Gianluca Inverso wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Clive Wagenaar wrote:
>
>         > I would like to propose a slightly different thing: in the
>         > overview (in one-desktop-at-a-time mode) there is an
>         horizontal
>         > scrollbar to switch between workspaces. I find myself
>         continuosly
>         > scrolling horizontally on the touchpad (with two-finger
>         horizontal
>         > scrolling) to switch workspace, but it does not work. Could
>         this be
>         > implemented? :)
>         >
>         > --
>         > Gianluca Inverso
>         >

>         Gianluca
>
>         It is only confusing, if it is on by default, it is not
>         confusing for
>         someone that manually seeks out the option and enables it
>         themselves.
>
>         Clive
>

> Hmm, so you feel that enabling scrolling on the desktop is not
> confusing, but horizontal scrolling in the overview is?
> If there is an horizontal scrollbar, I expect horizontal scrolling
> with touchpad buttons 6 and 7 to work just as in Nautilus, Evince and
> every other program. Of course, we could question if a scrollbar is
> really needed in the overview...
>

> --
> Gianluca

Hi Gianluca

No, I did not comment on scrolling in the overview, if you want it there
then by all means have it there too.
And no I dont feel that scrolling on the desktop will be confusing IF it
is off by default, then no one can get confused as it is off

We also talking about two different type of users, I am at a desktop
with a mouse and you are on a laptop with a track-pad. So having extra
options, that are off by default, but can be enabled later covers more
use cases, than one size fits all.