One workspace overview to witch active window

Hello, I am new on the list and I am not sure this was asked before.
Is there any plans to include an overview of the windows, but only of the current workspace and without showing the activites sidebar? I am used to switch windows using the compiz feature that works like the OSX expose and would like to know if this is planned or if it was considered and discarded.

I want to congratulate you all for the job made on gnome-shell, I think it is a fantastic software and will be revolutionary. It is something different, and I believe it is a great way to evolve.

Keep up the work!!

Regards.
Manuel.