Re: Thoughts on window sizing

And another quick thought on this:

It's potentially going to be annoying if you're trying to resize a
window, but it's snapping to something you don't want.  So using ctrl
as a modifier to let you resize it precisely is probably sensible.

And I'd like to re-visit my tips idea for this too:

If the system detects a user resizing a window, and dragging it back
and forth over a snap point, it should activate a tip using the
standard notification system that says something like "Hold down the
Ctrl key for fine adjustment when sizing a window".

That makes it easy to use, and also easy to discover the advanced
functionality as you need it.