Re: Breadcrumbs in the panel

>> There's a Summer of Code project that will (among other things) let
>> GNOME Shell work with tabs within windows, so that would allow for
>> extending
>> the breadcrumb trail to "Activities > workspace > window > tab".
>
> I believe that it would be more useful if this was possible to do with
> windows from the same class. So that it would be possible to perform
> tab-like navigation for applications that don't have tab management
> themselves.

I'd like to be able to get rid of tabs and just use this. Once we have
a decent window manager, we don't need tabs.

Though if I could interact with each tab as if it were a window—for
example: see live thumbnail previews; switch directly to an inactive
tab in another app—I wouldn't mind.

> Also.. I believe that making the "Activities" button be part of the
> breadcrumb will be confusing for new users when in a tutorial you refer to
> paths like: "Activities -> Graphics -> GIMP" when you are talking about the
> applications menu hierarchy. (unless we want to make the application menu to
> be same as the workspace application positioning).

That's an interesting idea. Especially if we could somehow prevent
“Internet” from taking over. Browser *and* IM windows—quite a lot.