Re: search bar as mini-terminal and application view options

The idea of autocompletion is interesting, but I'd not implement it this
way. I think it makes much more sense to use the entry triggered by Alt
+F2 to do this kind of "advanced" things. The search box should be used
for search, and we can still expand its usage to search for indexed
files, internet history, conversations and so on. So it's better to use
another place for new features.

Your idea makes me think of what GNOME Do provides. I think it would be
good to consider how that project works, because it seems to have
achieved really well its goal, and is very popular. Implementing your
proposal as a module for a completion system would allow to easily add
more features to it, and to use intensively the Alt+F2 dialog. But
that's really like reinventing GNOME Do, though the precise completion
feature your propose is not implemented there AFAIK... I'm not saying
that should not be done because of that, though. :-)

What do other developers think about that? It would be very interesting
to integrate GNOME Do in some way. As a general issue, I always wonder
how we could leverage all the great ideas that have been developed in
many different (and concurrent) projects: integration, complete
rewrite... ? Maybe we could ask those people to come and discuss here,
that would help us go forward.

Cheers