Re: Thoughts on Alt-Tab switching

2009/6/8 Jeremy Perry <jeremy perry redhat com>:
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/DesignerPlayground/Switcher

I see a big hole in that page -> there's no mention about keyboard
interaction. I wonder if this idea would be more useful if one added
key operations like:

hold-alt -> press+release tab -> left/right to select task (with
bringing windows to front, etc. as described) -> release-alt to
confirm a switch
(up/down for tabs, etc.)

hold-alt -> press+release tab -> incremental search on typed letters
(tasks that don't match the typed characters disappear, if only one is
left, change to tab-switcher instead of app-switcher)

or... bonus points for supporting 'hjkl' as directions :)