Fwd: Re : interapplication communication

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rovanion Luckey <rovanion luckey gmail com>
Date: 2009/12/30
Subject: Re: Re : interapplication communication
To: Nicolas de Fontenay <n_de_fontenay yahoo com>

Switching between windows is probably the most used function of a DE.
The activities pane does a fairly good job of this, tough on a small
laptop or even netbook screen the interface becomes very small if the
user is having more than four workspaces/activities running.

I'm sure that this idea has been up previously in the mailing list but
if the application switcher is to become a window switcher, why not
design it as the Compiz scale plugin?
http://andrewharvey4.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/compiz_scale_plugin.png