=?UTF-8?Q?Re:_All_GNOME_Shell_Developers.=0A?=

"Getting out of your car to change the radio station" analogy makes some sense. Zoom out effect is distracting and aimless when user use only one workspace. My previous message [1] take some approach to remove left side panel so zoom out will be unnecessary. All non-running applications and non-open documents can be presented in a similar way to running applications so far. Look at this sample screenshoots for better idea what I mean:

* FoxTab: http://www.maxiorel.com/files/images/2009/04April/838/foxtab-3.png
* Colliris: http://getdebpersian.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/cooliris11.jpg
* Google Chrome: http://www.tech-mania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/chrome-3-tab.JPG
* Moblin: http://www.netbooknews.it/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/netbooknews-it-ubuntu-moblin-dell-media.png

I really like the idea of browsing my applications, documents and places in full-screen. There will be enough space to show big thumbnail and metadata. The bigger the better :-) (Fitts's law).

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2009-December/msg00082.html