Re: Seed instead of Gjs

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 00:50 +0430, José Luis Ricón wrote:
> I don't know much about GNOME technologies, but It would'nt be better
> to use seed(based on Webkit's Javascript engine) rather than in
> gcj(based  on Tracemoney)? Webkit's engine is A LOT more faster than
> tracemonkey and that would improve the overall speed and
> responsiveness of the shell.

It seems to change every week who thinks they have the fastest
Javascript engine...

But Javascript performance has almost nothing to do with performance of
the shell.. the Javascript is used to create and control the scene
graph, but actual rendering is all in C, and that's the expensive part.

We might conceivably switch engines for one reason or the other, but I
don't think performance would be the main reason.

- Owen