Error whila launching Gnome Shell: Failed to convert UTF-8 string to JS string: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input

Hello! Sorry about asking you again, but I've done a fresh install of
Gnome Shell, and when I'm trying to launch it, I'm getting following:

stetzen stetzen-laptop:~/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/src
$ ./gnome-shell --replace      JS LOG: Loading tweener.js
      JS LOG: Loading tweenlist.js
      JS LOG: Done loading tweenlist.js
      JS LOG: Done loading tweener.js
    JS ERROR: !!!   Exception was: Error: Failed to convert UTF-8 string
to JS string: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input
    JS ERROR: !!!     lineNumber = '0'
    JS ERROR: !!!     fileName = 'gjs_throw'
    JS ERROR: !!!     stack = 'Error("Failed to convert UTF-8 string to
JS string: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input")@:0
("Failed to convert UTF-8 string to JS string: Invalid byte sequence in
conversion input")@gjs_throw:0
@:0
()@/home/stetzen/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/js/ui/appDisplay.js:364
(250,279,1,6)@/home/stetzen/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/js/ui/appDisplay.js:242
AppDisplay(250,279,1,6)@/home/stetzen/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/js/ui/appDisplay.js:213
()@/home/stetzen/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/js/ui/overlay.js:268
Sideshow()@/home/stetzen/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/js/ui/overlay.js:128
()@/home/stetzen/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/js/ui/overlay.js:699
Overlay()@/home/stetzen/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/js/ui/overlay.js:660
start()@/home/stetzen/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/js/ui/main.js:66
@<main>:1
'
    JS ERROR: !!!     message = 'Failed to convert UTF-8 string to JS
string: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input'
Window manager warning: Log level 32: Execution of main.js threw
exception: Error: Failed to convert UTF-8 string to JS string: Invalid
byte sequence in conversion input

I'll be happy if anyone give a suggestion, what causes it...