Re: one-panel-approach

Hi!

Am Montag, den 13.04.2009, 17:20 -0400 schrieb Feng Yu:
> Please at least give an option to leave that blank blank for other
> usages, If it is to be occupied by the task list.
>
> A plugin system like what we have in Gnome Panel would be really nice
> to defer the solution of the conflicts to the end users: every
> proposed usage can be implemented as a plugin.

Yes, I guess you are right. There is definitly the need to have a plugin
system for all kind of things (deskbar-applet, tomboy) and this could of
course also integrate the window chooser as a plugin. There was some
discussion about this on desktop-devel-list.

That would also mean that it should be possible to add a second "panel"
for those who want it and to be able to put the panel add other
positions (at least top and bottom).

I hope someone can start on such a plugin API soon because I guess lots
of people are willing to add plugins for gnome-shell.

Regards,
Johannes