Re: libgnomeprint cups backend vs libgnomecups

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 15:05, Jody Goldberg wrote:

> > > - Add user createable/selectable setups (akin to OS X)
> >
> > Do you have any links for this offhand?  I'm not sure what this is.
>
> No links off hand.  The functionality revolves around settings.
> It gives users a way to quickly switch between settings.  Something
> like
>     - duplex high quality	(Presentation)
>     vs
>     - single sided low quality	(Proof)
>
> It's very convenient.

The current set-up of gnome-print already provides for that.
Unfortunately since these settings are attached to a printer switching
printers makes those settings unavailable. In fact gnome-print will in
fact list the various cups instances (settings) for a given cups
printer, and then use the last encountered one for printing :-)

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow
Taliesin Software, Shelties, Pyr Sheps