Re: libgnomeprint cups backend vs libgnomecups

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 01:04:08PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 12:51 -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:06:34PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> >
> > - We'll want to modify gnome-cups-manager to use a similar UI for
> >   printer selection.
>
> Ok, makes sense.  Maybe just expose GPAPrinterSelector and add API?

yah, that's what I was thinking.

> > - Add user createable/selectable setups (akin to OS X)
>
> Do you have any links for this offhand?  I'm not sure what this is.

No links off hand.  The functionality revolves around settings.
It gives users a way to quickly switch between settings.  Something
like
    - duplex high quality	(Presentation)
    vs
    - single sided low quality	(Proof)

It's very convenient.

> > I like the UI portions, but can't find the libgnomeprint patch on
> > there.  Could you forward a copy ?
>
> The libgnomeprint patch hasn't been updated since Matthias posted it,
> here's a link:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/mclasen/libgnomeprint/libgnomeprint-2.7.0-dynamism.patch

Ok, I'd been mixing patches and thought that this was pulling in a
requirement for the patched cupsd.  Most of them can go in with the
exception of the configure.in changes.  We'll need to be more
graceful there and make the libgnomecups req dependent on cups in
general.  If you want to commit the rest I can handle that bit then
do a release with some of the win32 patches.