Re: [gpm] Sorry new to the list and can't find it in the archives.....does GPM detect processor load before initiating?

On 10 May 2010 19:19, Ivan Stepaniuk <ivan albafotonica com> wrote:
> On 05/10/2010 07:08 PM, Another Sillyname wrote:
>>
>> I have GPM working on a couple of machines however as far as I can
>> tell there's no way for GPM to detect processor load before it decides
>> to put the machines to sleep.

Just enable /apps/gnome-power-manager/check_type_cpu in GConf editor.
It's not on by default (and therefor not well tested) but might be
what you are looking for.

> AFAIK gpm does not consider system load, however in such specific setup you
> have, I would personally avoid gpm at all.

Sure, it sounds like a pretty hardcore server, and maybe just running
pm-suspend on the command line might be more what you want.