[gpm] T400s with two batteries

I have been following the saga of dual-battery support in gnome battery manager.  I am fairly new to Linux and am running Fedora 11 fully updated.  I still have the bug that a shutdown is required after the 1st battery is fully discharged. It looks like the power manager upgrades that might fix this problem may be in Fedora 12 and if not, they will only come in Fedora 12.   I think I would like to delay updating to Fedora 12 until this power manager update is incorporated.  How will I be able to know?

Thanks for your help,

Sam Stein