Re: [gpm] gpm stops working after suspend-to-ram

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 18:48 +0100, Sascha Heid wrote:
> im using Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon on a Thinkpad-X60T (CoreDuo, Intel GMA950).
> When i suspend the Laptop to ram, gpm does not work afterwards.
> The screen will never turn off and neither does it autosuspend after idletime.
>
> Is there anything i can do, any services i should restart?

You certainly shouldn't be restarting anything at suspend time -- it
might be a good idea to check that ubuntu is not restarting dbus or
something insane like that.

> It might be related to another issue i have since a long time.
> Often when the machine is running for 12h or more, the screen will
> also suddenly fail to turn off.
> But this one also happens with gnome-screensaver and gpm being terminated.

How are you trying to turn it off?

> Im not using glx, dri, composite (because i need working rotation) or
> any kind of media-playback.

Cool. A lot of people are using g-p-m with the X60 (including myself a
few months ago), so I would assume the hardware works fine. Does this
also fail if you try it with a Fedora 9 live cd? The F9 live CD has a
newer kernel, and also is more upstream than Gutsy.

Thanks,