Re: [gpm] Is there QA for Gnome Power Manager?

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 16:51 -0500, Todd Partridge wrote:
> I just installed Gnome 2.1.8 and I may have a bit of an issue here
> with version *.3.  I want to be able to reproduce this bug though, but
> first I wanted to find out if Gnome Power Manager uses QA.  It seems
> be becoming a standard-practice and in MHO is pretty important for
> multi-creator projects.  I just got done reading how the madwifi
> project uses peer review, and found it pretty reassuring and
> interesting.

Yes, but I've found QA requires many people with lots of spare time see
below.

> I won't waste much of your time.  So I'm just wondering, does the
> Gnome Power Manaer project use it?

No, at the moment it's 90% me just doing refactoring and new modules.
I've got some really cool dudes like Jaap (and a few others) and the
localization guys, but mainly it's just me.

I've got some pretty nifty self-check tests now (to avoid brown
paper-bag releases) and that seems to keep the bug count down.

But still, ideas welcome.