Re: [gpm] got problems with new kernel? (2.6.17?)

Paul Johnson wrote:
On fedora core 5's newest updated kernel, the Dell Latitude D820
cannot wake up from suspend to RAM.  While suspended, the power light
does flash slowly.  However, after pushing the power button, the
system appears to be totally unresponsive--Screen stays black, and
keyboard use has no effect, can't log in from outside.   It appears to
me that nothing is written in /var/log/messages about the suspend.  I
simply see a re-start.

2.6.17.2 was released yesterday, so there should be a new fedora kernel in the next day or so. 2.6.17.2 has one suspend/resume fix for ohci1394 (Firewire). Although the symptoms on resume are not the same as yours, if you have firewire it /might/ fix it. Are you already removing ohci1394 before suspend?

This tells me that pm-suspend does work, and it makes me think those
gremlins in the kernel are at it  again.

Those gremlins like to hang out in the suspend/resume code.

Andrew