multiple instances of gnome-pilot Settings GUI applet upon connection

Everything is cool-- installed gpilotd, have configured module "visor" to be inserted at boot, "/dev/pilot" is created and synch successfully takes place when I point gpilotd there.  Just one thing-- connection and synch of Palm causes multiple instances of gnome-pilot Settings GUI to pop up.  Probably if I insert a suffix to the command at System>Preferences>Removable Drives and Media>PDAs>Palm, it will suppress these instances, but I don't know what suffix to use.  Any hints?  Thank you.

b3zdomny
Debian 5
2.6.26-1-686 kernel
GDE