Re: Pilot synch issues

Hey Andrew,

I think you should be running it as your own user, not root (hopefully you're not logging onto the box as root).

Do you have a Conduit called ORB or ORBIT or something similar? I've no idea what the error means I'm afraid, I'm just taking a wild stab in the dark!

I'm pretty new on the list, hopefully somebody else can shed some light.

Cheers,

Callum.

Andrew Greig wrote:
Hi again,
Finally figured out what you really wanted to see.
bash-3.1$ exec /usr/lib/gpilotd
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.15 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.12.1
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]

** (gpilotd:4784): WARNING **: Can not stat /root/tmp/orbit-andrew

** ERROR **: I can't write to '/root/tmp/orbit-andrew', ORB init failed
aborting...
[root localhost andrew]#
Thanks
Andrew