Re: Newbie questions

David A. Desrosiers keyed the following on 8/23/2007 8:01 PM:
The above snippet looks suspisciously like it connects, disconnects,
then reconnects again... I wonder if this is Yet Aother Palm where they
try to be sneaky with that "Drive Mode" garbage.
Try this... disconnect your Palm, hit HotSync, count to 4, then connect
the cable, and *THEN* launch your pilot-xfer or pilot-dlpsh command
against either /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSB1. You'll have to play around
with both of them to figure out which one is the right port for your
specific device and usb configuration.
Also, make sure you're *NOT* using ehci_hcd for this; you have to use
uhci_hcd or ohci_hcd, depending on your specific motherboard chipset.

How do I tell whether or not I'm using ehci_hcd?

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb