Re: Help request re negative palm user ID number and palm-sync

> Palm-Link 0.11.8-7

	I think you mean pilot-link.

> I have searched these mailing list archives and wasn't successful so far.

	Tried the various pilot-link lists?

> I have also tried the Xandros forum and the people there were helpful but
> the end result was that I should force change the pilot User ID to a
> positive number.  Problem with that solution is that I sync the palm at
> home already and by changing the ID I will screw up my home datebooks,
> contacts etc.

	You might want to just edit whatever file GNOME/gnome-pilot is
reading with this negative number, and use gpilotd-control-applet to bypass
the initial sync process. Negative numbers for UserID should not be allowed
on the Palm.

> I did a Google.com/Linux search without much success either.

	install-user from pilot-link didn't help you? It seems to fix this
for everyone else who has reported the same issue over the years.

d.