Re: Problem synching Handspring Treo 180g over USB

Am Mon, 2003-07-14 um 17.16 schrieb David A. Desrosiers:

> 	Are you running 2.4.20 with the appropriate Treo kernel patch? If
> not, and you wish to stay on .20, you'll need that. Check gregkh's usb
> directory on kernel.org for the visor rollup patch for 2.4.20.
>
> 	This patch is already in 2.4.21, so if you can, upgrade.

I have just had a Treo sync attempt for the first time freeze the 2.4.21
kernel I built myself from the www.kernel.org sources; I have been
running that kernel for roughly a week now and had hoped that the
freezing problem was solved by it.

And synching still doesn't work unless gnome-control-center is running
and the Pilot applet open.

- what RPMs have to be installed for Treo synchronization to start
without gnome-control-center running?
- what processes have to be running for Treo synchronization to start
without gnome-control-center running?
- what do I have to do for preventing synching from freezing my
workstation?

The Pilot RPMs I have currently installed are:

perl-PDA-Pilot-0.11.7-24
evolution-pilot-1.4.0-0.ximian.7.6
gnome-pilot-applet-2.0.9-0.ximian.7.3
gnome-pilot-conduits-2.0.9-0.ximian.7.1