Re: Gnome Pilot 2.0.0 & Gnome Pilot Conduits 2.0.0

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 14:29, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

> 	Are you invoking it from `gnome-config --prefix`/libexec? It's in a
> new place now, and should be launched by bonobo-activation-server, not
> executed manually by the user.

That was what I meant about Chicken & Egg issues.  I know I'm probably
not supposed to invoke directly anything that's been put in /usr/libexec
(unlike the FHS people I have a firm belief in /usr/libexec's function)
so I knew that was the wrong way to go about it, but it was the only way
I could even get close to having the thing run.  With no configuration
information in place, the applet stayed red, and clicking on it to start
the configuration dialog simply resulted in errors and crashes.  Only by
starting the daemon manually (and thus incorrectly) and then starting
the applet, then continuing this spinning plates act as pieces fell over
(daemon crashes again the first time the druid tries to poll the device
for the ID, etc) was I able to get it configured.

> 	Note also, this _does not work_ with Evolution 1.2.2, so you'll have
> to stick with 0.1.71 + 1.2.2 to maintain that connectivity. Once Evo has
> been ported to gnome2, this problem should go away.

I'm aware of that as well.  Watching it all burst into flames when it
told it to synch was even more amusing than I thought it would be.  ;)
Screenfulls and screenfulls of error messages.

> > Later this evening I'll nuke my settings and take a second whack at it to
> > make sure I wasn't overlooking something.
>
> 	I've got some patches as well, I forsee another 2.0.1 coming out in
> a few days to a week with some of these fixes, depending on commit speeds.

Enh... Kinda what I figured, especially considering the .0 on the end,
but I thought I should mention the C&E issues since they tend to be
overlooked.